Peninsula Adventure Sports Association or “PASA” is a not-for-profit corporation that supports outdoor sport on “the Bruce.” What exactly does that mean?
PASA does two things very well:
1) It raises funds through events such as the Subaru Bruce Peninsula Multisport Race (the second weekend in August) and the Tobermory Trail Race Weekend (the fourth weekend in September) and either earmarks them to sport groups, events or infrastructure that promotes the Bruce Peninsula, or distributes funds directly to community groups by way of its grant program.
2) Its members advise on and advocate for outdoor sport initiatives set out by government and non-governmental organizations and act as ambassadors for outdoor sport on issues ranging from town planning to provincial highways.
We feel that good health begins with keeping active. We also believe there is nothing more motivating to keep fit than an upcoming event or activity that can simultaneously invigorate the participant with fresh air and present them with a tangible challenge. We also feel that hosting events or outdoor activities are the perfect way to channel our efforts seeing not only as they promote a healthy lifestyle, but when done responsibly also create civic pride and engage many stakeholders in the community to do the same. Keeping this in mind, PASA’s official vision and values are as follows:
To support sport events and sport infrastructure, and generally promote all aspects of outdoor sport.
1. to develop recreational outdoor sport in the Bruce Peninsula,
2. to support the development of competitive outdoor sport, and to shine a spotlight on athletes by supporting competitive events, and
3. to provide for the development of skills and knowledge related to outdoor sport
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
If you’d like a specific outdoor sport program to be considered as a direct beneficiary for a future PASA event, just let us know with a short letter. Feel free to include any indication of any (non-financial) support your program would be able to provide to the event, as well as any event suggestions in general.
Letters can be emailed to quepasacanada (at) gmail (dot) com or sent to: Peninsula Adventure Sports Association, 107 Old Mill Rd, Georgian Bluffs, ON N0H 2T0
- More information on our flagship events can be found at http://www.brucepeninsulamultisportrace.ca and http://www.tobermorytrail.com
- More news on PASA events can be found at http://www.facebook.com/pasacanada
- If you’ve seen our events in action and would now like to take that next step in becoming an ambassador to outdoor sport infrastructure on the Beautiful Bruce, contact us to join PASA.